My holidays are coming to an end very soon! 1.5 more weeks and I'd be back in hot, dry Perth!
Been preparing for a short evangelistic talk that I might be giving in OCF one of the weeks, and boy it's really hard work writing a sermon! Now I'm beginning to appreciate the effort and time that pastors and speakers put into it, and I hope it will get easier with experience. Stretching my mind for sermon illustrations... how come I can't think of any good stories to tell?
Am reminded also that it is not our eloquence that counts, but that God works through our faithfulness in preaching his Word. So please pray that I won't try to be a 'perfectionist' trying to nail down the 'Billy Graham sermon' (as if I had the skills to do that!), but to be faithful in presenting the truth of the gospel, and have a dependent and willing heart to let God do His work in convicting the hearts of the students.
Will have a trial run preaching it to some very special critics - my two sisters! Muahahaa... (Yes you two!)
1 comment:
trial run preaching huh?
hahahhaa!
Post a Comment